Another in a series:
- That the Downing Street Memo was spot-on.
- That Global Warming will be used as an effective foil to distract from events heralding the coming of the Tribulation.
- That neither Republicans or Democrats are the “right answer” anymore.
- That calling us a “salad” rather than a “melting pot” just doesn’t work. Cuz with a salad, if you don’t like tomatoes, you can still pick them out.
- That Evil exists. And that it’s got an Agenda.
- Starbucks coffee, really, isn’t all that great.
- I’d take Rachael Ray over Britney Spears any day of the week.
- That so-called “Reality Shows” don’t match any reality I’ve every experienced. Mostly because they are heavily scripted to ensure maximum drama.
On a personal note, I’ve managed to gain about 6 pounds over the holidays. And I was already a good 10 pounds over where I want to be weight-wise. So, my plan is to lose 15 pounds in three months. I’ll be “sharing” some workout tips and things I pick up along the way, what seems to work, what doesn’t. A lot of it is stuff I already know, but simply haven’t been putting into practice. Wish me luck.
Monday weigh-in = 187 lbs.
First weight loss tip: Don’t weigh yourself every day. Your day to day fluctuations will be minimal and can lead you to get discouraged. Pick one day a week, and weigh on that day. First thing in the morning. I recommend Monday. If you pick Friday, you may be tempted to “reward” yourself over the weekend if you’ve made progress. Knowing you have a weigh-in on Monday will help curb the desire to “splurge”.
Next tip: Have an accountability partner. Give them the weigh-in sheet, and have them record your Monday numbers. You can lie to yourself, but knowing someone else is watching helps keep you honest.